East Coast Gymnastics & Cheer is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal information is handled in a safe and responsible manner. This policy outlines how we aim to achieve this and includes the information collected when:
- you use our website (www.ECGymnastics.com).
- you enroll or make enquiries on our website.
- you make enquiries via our Parent Portal.
- someone is interested in working with us.
Definition of Personal Data Personal Data means any data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly/indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to us via our site or our Parent Portal.
By providing your personal data, you agree that we can use your personal data in accordance with this policy.
Ensure you understand this policy in its entirety and take your time to read it.
Who are we? East Coast Gymnastics & Cheer, 370 Gateway Dr. Suite 5, Winchester, VA 22603. Website: www.ECGymnastics.com Phone: (540) 539-6198
How do we collect information from you? We collect information from you:
- when you enroll or make enquiries on our enrollment portal.
- when you make enquiries via our Parent Portal.
- when you visit our website.
What type of information is collected from you? You may be asked to submit personal information about yourself when you enroll or make an enquiry. We will collect this information so we can fulfill your enrollment request, schedule classes, bill you, and communicate with you.
When you enroll or make an enquiry via our Parent Portal, East Coast Gymnastics & Cheer collects information such as:
- e-mail address
- home or work address
- billing information
- telephone number
- company name
- dietary requests
- marketing preferences (whether you opt-in or opt-out)
When you access our sites, there is “Device Information” about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by East Coast Gymnastics & Cheer. This information can include:
- device type (e.g., mobile, computer, laptop, tablet)
- operating system
- IP address
- browser type
- browser information (e.g., type, language, and history)
- domain names
- access times
- referring website addresses
- other data about your device to provide the necessary services as requested by your device.
This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain the quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the East Coast Gymnastics & Cheer website.
How is your information used? Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary to complete an enrollment, schedule classes, bill you, communicate with you, or because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g., by subscribing to emails).
We require the information outlined in the previous section to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Send you service emails (enrollment confirmation, class schedules, billing information).
- Improve our products and services.
- Send marketing communications if you have opted in to receive them.
- Customize the website according to your interests.
Who has access to your information? We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless:
- it is required by law,
- it is required to fulfill our contract with you,
- it is required for our suppliers to fulfill their contract with us, necessary to an operation (e.g., our enrollment system).
Our third-party service providers (data processors), store and process personal data that we collect from you and therefore have access to your personal data. Only employees and approved contractors/developers we may appoint from time to time and who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information.
How and where do we store data? Your data is stored by East Coast Gymnastics & Cheer in a secure online class management system. We may use and store your personal data for as long as necessary, bearing in mind the purposes for which the personal data was collected. We actively review the information we hold, and when there is no longer a customer, legal, or business need for us to hold it, we will either delete it securely or, in certain cases, anonymize it.
How can you access and update your information? You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us at the following address: (540) 539-6198.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate. You can also update your information via the Parent Portal, which can be accessed through our website.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
Your rights Your principal rights under data protection law are:
- the right to access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to object to processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
- the right to withdraw consent.
- By phone: (540) 539-6198
- Or write to us at: 370 Gateway Dr. Suite 5, Winchester, VA 22603